Esri Canada has an exciting professional opportunity for an experienced Analytics Specialist based out of our Toronto office (other office locations may be considered). This role will contribute to the ongoing strategic sales and marketing activities through the delivery of Industry-focused Technical Marketing Services to clients across Canada. The Analytics Specialist will provide deep technical knowledge of the application of Esri data and technology to the areas of public policy, and act as the subject matter expert for those Esri and partner technology solutions and products that are directly related to the policy-related sectors. This position reports to the Director – Industry Solutions.
- Working closely with the Director, Industry Solutions and Industry Managers to develop short and long-term team goals vis-à-vis the delivery of product support to Esri Canada clients and staff; ensuring that these goals are implemented
- Proactively support Esri Canada sales and marketing staff by building and delivering software demonstrations as well as product messaging and positioning with specific focus on the public policy related sectors (e.g. Public health, Justice, Education, Culture and others)
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Esri Canada Sales and Marketing teams to ensure client needs are being met as well as the needs of Esri Canada technical staff
- Provide mentoring and expertise on demographic data, analysis and related products to Esri Canada Technical and Sales staff through opportunity support, training, seminars, demos, and lunch and learn sessions on a regular basis
- Maintain a high degree of expertise in the Esri software suite specific to the Public-Sector Analytics sector through training and product certification as well as maintain a high degree of expertise in new enterprise technologies (beta and new software) to support and train technical staff for new product releases
- Be directly involved in the development and delivery of events, collateral and electronic communication (e.g. Web casts) specific to the use and growth of Esri solutions for the Public-Sector Analytics market
- Actively participate in company, staff or individual one-on-one meeting on an ongoing basis for the purposes of effective teamwork, enhanced communication and progressive co-operation strategies within the company as well as other departments across the company
- Continually contribute to the profitability of the company and ongoing business operations by initiating, recommending and implementing continuous improvement strategies and initiatives
Specific skill requirements:
- University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent experience and skills
- 7+ years of experience in the GIS sector working with Public sector agencies, preferably strong knowledge of Esri products
- 5+ years of experience with advanced spatial analysis and demographic data
- Must able to travel up to 20-30% within Canada with occasional travel to the US
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to meet tight timelines
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent customer focus and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Time management / multi-tasking ability / influencing skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Bilingual (French and English) writing and speaking skills would be an asset.
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.