Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Bilingual Solution Architect based out of our Montreal, Quebec City or Toronto office. You will leverage your extensive consulting experience in leading GIS solutions based on Esri technology and provide the highest quality technical advice, based on a sound understanding of current and emerging trends in not only the GIS, but also the wider Information Systems field.
- Design major aspects of the Esri product based architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to the applications development.
- Ensure that uniform enterprise wide application design standards are maintained
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Work with Esri Canada customers to understand strategic enterprise Esri product deployment objectives and apply Esri design methodology to establish infrastructure specifications
- Complete technical studies and write technical recommendations and reports
- Undertake Quality Assurance reviews of proposed solution architectures for other projects, including if appropriate, alternative views on the architecture
- Conduct customer training and workshops on Esri system design methods and system deployment best practices
- Support pre-sales and post-sales activities related to technical aspects of Esri products
Specific skill requirements:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, math, GIS or equivalent education and experience
- 7+ years working with Esri technology or Spatial Technology equivalent
- 3+ years of development experience
- Working experience developing solution architectures
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic analysis of information technology and enterprise architecture
- Demonstrated experience in and the knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated experience preparing and presenting technical materials, including standards, procedures, and technical specification to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in UML modeling diagrams
- Experience with development and evaluation of system architecture design strategies
- Strong technical writing experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Fluency in French / English is mandatory
- Must have solid intersonal skills
- Strong leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Possess good problem solving skills; be organized, flexible, and a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, time management / multi-tasking ability
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.