Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Senior Consultant focusing on Enterprise GIS consulting. Based out of Esri Canada's office in Ottawa, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading the business analysis and implementation delivery of Enterprise GIS solutions based on Esri technology.
Senior Consultant responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise in the user needs analysis, estimation, design, development, and implementation of Enterprise GIS solutions
- Working with other consultants in the design and delivery of client solutions from conception to completion
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in production systems across the organization.
- Scope projects and assist the Project Manager in developing complete project SOW and project plans for all assigned projects
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other pre/post-implementation support
- Model client requirements and define functional specifications
- Actively engage the sales team to advance the value proposition of consulting with current and prospective customers.
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs)
Specific skill requirements:
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Application Specialist
- 7+ years of experience with implementing Esri products
- Expert understanding of both client-desktop software (ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro) and server-software (Esri ArcGIS for Server and Portal)
- Experience in facilitating discussions and leading workshops
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Demonstrated business acumen to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with corporate customers , with a strong customer service orientation
- A sound knowledge of analysis & design techniques and system implementation methodologies
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Demonstrated ability to complete technical studies and to develop and present recommendations and reports
- Experience in managing client relationships and ability to communicate with executive levels of the organization
- Demonstrated awareness of emerging IT trends and directions
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science and/or Geography/Geoscience
- Already have (or must be able to obtain) a Federal Government Secret security clearance
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Synthesis and analysis skills; ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Excellent written/ communication / presentation skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Bilingual (French and English) writing and speaking skills would be an asset.
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and values a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all interested candidates. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.