This course introduces GIS concepts and ArcGIS tools used to visualize real-world features, discover patterns, obtain information and communicate that information to others. Working primarily with ArcMap and ArcGIS Online, you will create GIS maps, explore the data behind the maps and analyze maps and data while you master fundamental concepts that underlie GIS technology.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. Esri Canada will provide ArcGIS 10.4 software for use during class.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Quickly create and share a GIS map
- Find and organize geographic data and other content for a mapping project
- Accurately display features on a GIS map and access information about them
- Perform spatial analysis to answer questions and create new information
- Share GIS maps and analysis results so they are easily accessible to desktop, web and mobile device users
10.4, 10.3, 10.2
- ArcGIS 10.4 for Desktop (Basic, Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Online