In this course, you will acquire skills that will prepare you to perform the most common ArcGIS workflows. Primarily using ArcMap and ArcGIS Online, you will explore, manage and analyze geographic data while creating informative maps. The course also covers techniques to effectively share your ArcGIS work with decision-makers, colleagues and the public.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. Esri Canada will provide ArcGIS 10.4 software for use during class.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Combine data from different sources to create accurate, informative maps
- Organize, create and edit geographic data to maintain its accuracy
- Manage, symbolize and label map layers to support visualization and data exploration
- Design an attractive page layout for maps that will be printed
- Apply a standard workflow to analyze GIS data and solve spatial problems
- Share maps and analysis results, so they are easily accessible on desktop, web and mobile devices
10.4, 10.3, 10.2
- ArcGIS 10.4 for Desktop (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Online