This course prepares you to successfully create a multiuser geodatabase to store and manage your organization's geographic data. You will learn about the multiuser geodatabase architecture, configuration options and techniques to efficiently load data, assign user privileges and maintain database performance over time. Course concepts apply to both enterprise and workgroup geodatabases. During course exercises, you may work with the RDBMS product that is relevant for your organization (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL).
Spatial database administrators and GIS data managers who need to create, configure and manage a multiuser geodatabase.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Configure the multiuser geodatabase for your relational database management system
- Create a multiuser geodatabase and configure connections to it
- Efficiently load data into a multiuser geodatabase
- Configure storage settings to support your organization's data management workflows
- Set up user roles and privileges to provide secure data access
- Apply best practices to maintain high geodatabase performance
- ArcGIS 10.4 for Desktop (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS 10.4 for Server Enterprise (Basic, Standard or Advanced)
- Oracle 12c
- PostgreSQL 9.3
- Microsoft SQL Server Standard 2012
- Completion of ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows or equivalent knowledge
- Experience managing a relational database management system