Geospatial Analysis Tools
ArcToolbox and Spatial Analyst deliver hundreds of tools for analyzing geospatial data. This course will show you how to get started with a focus on the tools you’re likely to use in exploration and production (E&P), land, operations, pipeline, and environmental health and safety (EHS). You’ll learn ways to analyze vector and raster data and gain an understanding of what to use when. You’ll get a chance to partake in several hands-on exercises and be provided with a project planning and critical thinking framework.
Using ModelBuilder to Automate Analytical Workflows
In this course, you’ll also learn how to automate your analytical workflows using ModelBuilder. ModelBuilder provides a unique “visual programming” environment geared towards visualizing, automating, documenting, and sharing complex analytical workflows. Models may be re-sequenced, repurposed and reused in different analytical processes. Models can also be run in “batch mode” while you do other things.
- Conduct play fairway analyses and risk mapping; prioritize new plays and prospects
- Plan for sensitivities/determine exclusion zones; identify and manage ground disturbing activities in sensitive environments such as wetlands and endangered species
- Conduct well siting and suitability assessment; consider slope, exclusion zones, and distance to existing infrastructure to identify and prioritize suitable drill sites
- Calculate cost-distance; identify the “least cost path” to build a road or connection between a proposed well site and existing infrastructure
- Perform production allocation / horizontal well divisions; calculate allocations considering the percent of horizontal well in a parcel