Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for an Application Specialist who will perform a leading role implementing cutting edge GIS solutions based on Esri technology for small to enterprise level customers in the Oil & Gas, Provincial/Local Governments, Public Safety and Private sector spaces.
As an Application Specialist, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing high-level management and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. This position is based in our Calgary office.
Applications Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Meet with customers to identify business objectives and/or problems that can be solved with a GIS based solution
- Work individually and/or as part of a larger team to design, configure and implement creative solutions focused on off the shelf Esri technology (Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro, GeoDatabase, Mobile strategies)
- Install, configure and upgrade Esri technology (ArcGIS Pro, Enterprise)
- Assist with migration strategies for version upgrades of ESRI technology
- Coordinate and validate technical response and estimation for proposal submissions.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for process and process improvement
- Act as a technical mentor and advisor to junior resources
- Work with clients to assist them during the implementation process of software
- Provide database design expertise, application support and prototype development
- Contributing to needs analysis, functional requirements definition, and business solution needs as outlined by a customer
- Assist Project Managers in the creation of project plans (tasks, estimated efforts, durations, etc.)
- Provide demonstrations of Esri technology to prospective and existing customers
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics.
Specific skill requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in designing GIS based systems
- ArcGIS Enterprise (Server, ArcGIS online, geodatabase, etc.) installation and configuration including security and the web adaptor
- Demonstrable skills developing documentation for system installation, configuration and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of Python scripting
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Experience analyzing and documenting user needs requirements
- University degree in computer science, engineering, math, GIS or equivalent education and experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skill
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience configuring and deploying web applications based on Esri technology and templates
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and mobile offerings (Survey 123, Collector, Workforce Manager)
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.