Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Business Analyst focusing on enterprise business solution project within Oil & Gas, Provincial/Local government, Public Safety and Private sectors. Based out of Esri Canada's office in Calgary office, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading the business analysis and implementation of Enterprise GIS solutions based on Esri technology. As a Business Analyst, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing professional business analysis services for assigned consulting projects.
Business Analyst’s responsibilities include:
- Providing technical expertise in the user needs analysis, estimation, design, development, and implementation of Enterprise GIS solutions
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models
- Facilitate customer interviews and workshops
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in production systems across the organization
- Working with other consultants in the design and delivery of client solutions from conception to completion
- Scope projects and assist the Project Manager in developing complete project SOW and project plans for all assigned projects
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and other pre/post-implementation support
- Assist in producing status and consulting reports as required
- Model client requirements and define functional specifications and system architecture
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs)
Specific skill requirements:
- 3-5 years or more related experience in a similar role
- Proven experience with recent Esri products
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Experience with the implementation of Esri products and application development architectures
- Demonstrated ability to complete technical studies and to develop and present recommendations and reports
- Experience in managing client relationships and expectations
- Experience in facilitating discussions and leading workshops
- Demonstrated awareness of emerging IT trends and directions
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, MBA, computer science, or civil engineering
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Working towards obtaining the Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CBAP) exam monitored by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Excellent written/ communication / presentation skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience with latest versions of Esri Platform (10.x, Enterprise)
- Exposure to Esri mobile offerings (Survey123, collector, Workforce Manager, etc)
- Understand and exposure to MS Project (Tasks, Estimating, resourcing)
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.