Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a GIS Analyst. In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and training to assist in the implementation of Esri GIS technology-based solutions. Situated out of Esri Canada's office in Vancouver, British Columbia, you contribute to the ongoing business operations by effectively providing technical knowledge and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. This position will report to the Public Works Business Analyst Lead and will work closely with Project Managers, Professional Services Managers, Application Specialists, Developers, Solution Architects and Account Managers.
- Assist in the development and delivery of professional services opportunities
- Provide support on the user needs analysis and functional requirements definition activities
- Testing, documentation, training and installation of customized applications
- Provide input into the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs, RFQs)
- Prepare and present seminars and demonstrations
- Support pre and post-sales activities related to technical aspects of Esri products
- Contribute to overall project planning by defining tasks, estimations and project scoping
- Work with clients to assist them during the implementation process of software
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics
- Assist in the configuration of commercial-off-the-shelf software
Specific skill requirements:
- 1+ years’ experience with GIS applications
- Proven experience with ArcGIS for Desktop, geodatabase and web services
- Proven knowledge and experience as an analyst in delivering GIS based solutions
- Proven knowledge and experience developing solutions using Esri products
- Experience with process automation with either Model Builder or Python
- Geodatabase design and implementation experience
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle and SQLServer)
- University degree in Computer science, Engineering, Geography (GIS) or equivalent education and experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Consultative approach
- Customer focused
- Excellent written / communication / presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Understanding of Esri ArcGIS Enterprise solutions (e.g. ArcGIS Server, Enterprise Portal)
- Knowledge of object development methodologies and N-tiered application development
- Experience in training and educating customers using customized applications
- Experience with mobile application configurations based on Esri technology
- Esri Technical Certification (ArcGIS Desktop - Professional and/or Enterprise Geodatabase Management – Associate)
- Knowledge of Public Works Asset Management
- Experience with computerized maintenance management or permitting systems
- Experience with Safe Software FME
- Experience with Crystal Reports
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.