Esri Canada has an immediate opening for a Community Builder based out of Toronto. This role is to provide effective Community Development and resources for Community Initiatives. This will be accomplished by fostering partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and coordinating activities that showcase the power of GIS and provide vision and aspiration to a broad set of current and potential user communities and Canada.
Community Builder’s responsibilities include:
- Be an evangelist promoting a vision for GIS as a tool for building community and collaboration internally and externally, across Federal, Provincial, Municipal government departments as well as Non-Government Agencies (NGOs).
- Work with a team of internal and external stakeholders, plan, design and execute a monthly series of “stories” that showcase a vision for the value of GIS across a wide spectrum of markets.
- Work closely with the Director of Technology Adoption on defining a path to reach goals in these areas.
- Liaise with customers, business partners and Esri Canada Marketing and other stakeholders on communicating a vision for GIS and location Intelligence.
- Actively prepare and participate in Esri Canada events through presentations, planning, and sourcing presenters.
- Support and collaborate with Esri Canada Regional Directors, Account Managers, Industry Managers, Business Partners, Marketing, Professional Services and Technical Support across Canada on Community & Collaboration efforts.
- Continually acquire and maintain a solid understanding of the evolving requirements of Esri Canada’s customer base, products, services and emerging trends.
- Liaise with Esri Inc. and other Esri Distributors on issues and opportunities related to Technology Adoption.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external personnel at all levels; represent the company in a professional manner.
- Actively participate in company, staff or individual one-on-one meeting on an ongoing basis for the purposes of effective teamwork, enhanced communication and progressive co-operation strategies within the company as well as other departments across the company.
- Continually contribute to the profitability of the company and ongoing business operations by initiating, recommending and implementing continuous improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required by management in a timely and professional manner.
Specific skill requirements:
- University degree in GIS, Geography, Planning or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience working with GIS in a collaborative, multi-jurisdiction environment.
- Working knowledge of the Esri Platform including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise and related technologies.
- Must be able to travel in Canada as well as occasional travel to the US.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Proven ability to lead efforts and coordinate resources across multidisciplinary teams.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus.
- Time management / multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent written / communication / presentation skills.
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines and adhering to budgets.
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Full bilingual (English/French) skills would be considered an asset.
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.