Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a GIS Consultant based out of the Halifax office. You will leverage your knowledge and training to assist in the implementation of GIS based solutions based on Esri technology.
As a GIS Consultant, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the Halifax office by effectively providing technical knowledge and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. The successful candidate will also provide ability in user needs analysis, design, development and implementation of client solutions.
- Provide technical expertise in development and implementation of the client solutions
- Ensure the smooth delivery of projects as specified in the project plan
- Monitor and control all technical activities throughout the complete life-cycle of the consulting assignment
- Assist with the building, testing, documentation, installation and training of customized applications integrated with Esri products
- Work with clients to assist them during the implementation process of software
- Work closely with project teams to manage client expectations and ensure project objectives are met
- Contribute to needs analysis, functional requirements definition, and business solution needs as required
- Contribute in the development of project plans for all assigned projects
- Assist in the preparation of proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs)
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics
Specific skill requirements:
- 3+ years of experience with GIS applications
- Knowledge and experience with Esri products such as ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server
- Experience developing scripts using Python
- Experience configuring ArcGIS Applications including, Web AppBuilder, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123 and Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle or SQLServer)
- University degree in geography, geology/geosciences or equivalent education and experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Time management / multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Customer oriented, good problem solver, team player with excellent communications skills
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience in training and educating customers using customized applications
- Experience in client/server applications
- Esri Technical Certifications
- ArcGIS Desktop –Professional
- Enterprise Geodatabase Management - Associate
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.