Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Project Manager focusing on enterprise solutions. Based out of the Esri Ottawa office, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading IT solutions based on Esri technology. As a Project Manager, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing high-level management and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. The successful candidate will also be responsible to provide expertise in project management involving user needs analysis, design, development and implementation of the client solutions.
- Managing overall coordination of enterprise projects, from planning through implementation
- Setting project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules
- Facilitating discussion and consensus among various project stakeholders such as business analyst, developer and customers
- Managing and monitoring project budgets and expenditures
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed and presented to the project stake holders.
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change
- Promotes IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology
- Prepare the quality management plan as well as leading the quality assurance and testing plans
- Obtain stakeholder signoff on key deliverables
- Managing project close out and lessons learned review
- Aid in business development initiatives and the development of assigned consulting services opportunities
- Negotiate with clients with respect to project scope, deliverables, timelines, resources and acceptance
- Produce status and other project control reports as required
- Assist with the creation and distribution of monthly services invoices
- Contribute and maintain monthly project revenue forecasting
- Work closely with Account Managers and project team to manage client expectations and ensure project objectives are met
- Carry out business analysis for clients as part of the project scoping Specific skill requirements
Specific skill requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience with IT and/or GIS applications – knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS product line is preferred
- 1+ years’ experience as a project manager on IT projects
- Knowledge of development methodologies
- Good understanding of GIS based applications
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of current project management tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents
- University degree in computer science, math or equivalent education and experience
- Must be able to attain Government of Canada Security Screening Top Secret Clearance (Level III)
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent management consulting skills and experience to advise, guide facilitate and produce quality deliverables
- Practical experience and working knowledge of MS Project
- Customer focused
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Delegation skills/Time management / Multi-tasking ability
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (if not must work toward certification)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Esri products
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bilingual (English and French)
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.