Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Project Manager focusing on enterprise solutions. Based out of Esri Canada's Vancouver, British Columbia office, you will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading IT solutions based on Esri technology. As a Project Manager, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing high-level management and delivery of assigned consulting projects and other client services. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide expertise in project management involving user needs analysis, design, development and implementation of the client solutions. This position will report to the Project Manager Lead, Public Works, and will work closely with Project Managers, Professional Services Managers, Account Managers, Application Specialists, Developers, Solution Architects and 3rd party consultants to implement enterprise GIS solutions.
- Manage overall coordination of enterprise projects, from planning through to implementation
- Setting project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules
- Facilitating discussion and consensus among various project stakeholders such as business analyst, developer and customers
- Managing and monitoring project budget and expenditures
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed and presented to the project stakeholders
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change
- Promotes IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality and adherence to standard methodology
- Prepare the quality management plan as well as leading the quality assurance and testing plans
- Obtain stakeholder signoff on key deliverables
- Managing project close-out and lessons learned review
- Aid in business development initiatives and the development of assigned consulting services opportunities
- Negotiate with clients with respect to project scope, deliverables, timelines, resources and acceptance
- Produce status and other project control reports as required
- Work closely with Account Managers and project team to manage client expectations and ensure project objectives are met
- Carry out business analysis for clients as part of project scoping
Specific skill requirements:
- Proven experience with Esri products and/or GIS applications
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager on IT projects
- Possess Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification or is working towards this certification
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles and development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of current project management tools and techniques
- Practical experience and working knowledge of MS Project
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents
- University degrees or College diploma in the field Computer Sciences, GIS, Business Administration, Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship building and leadership
- Delegation skills/Time Management/Multi-tasking ability
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Excellent written/ communication / presentation skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada
Considered as assets for this postingompetencies in the following are essential:
- Experience implementing computerized maintenance management systems
- Experience in implementing asset management systems and/or permitting systems
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package.
Qualified? Submit your resume, quoting the file number, via email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.