Learn best practices and workflows to visualize and extract meaningful information from satellite imagery, LiDAR and other remotely sensed data. Explore the dynamic raster processing options available in ArcGIS. Apply different image classification methods to categorize land cover features. Learn how to organize and prepare LiDAR data. Use LAS and terrain datasets to visualize and analyze LiDAR data. Manage collections of LAS files using mosaic datasets. Explore the most appropriate method and approach for a specific project aim and data set. Bring your project ideas and questions!
- Science, engineering and GIS professionals interested in leveraging Esri tools to work with LiDAR data
- Course content is geared to petroleum and natural resource analysis and planning
- Conduct interactive supervised image classification
- Create a LAS dataset and explore LiDAR filters
- Build terrains/analyze line of sight
- Populate mosaic datasets
- Compress LAS for dissemination and archiving
- Create DEMs and DSMs from LiDAR
- Define LiDAR data extent and area delineation
- Obtain elevation information for building footprints
- Estimate forest canopy, density and height
- Delineate floodplains
- Identify suitable sites
- Estimate cut and fill using LiDAR
- Conduct change analysis using phodar
- Explore new 3D sample tools
10.3, 10.4, 10.5
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 (Basic, Standard or Advanced)
- Students should be familiar with Spatial Analyst
- 6-months of hands-on experience is suggested
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.