Reduce the time spent on complex and repetitive workflows, so you can focus on GIS work that can't be automated. This course teaches how to create Python scripts for key ArcGIS workflows and share them so they are accessible to others.
Note: Course concepts apply to ArcGIS 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. Esri will provide ArcGIS 10.6 software for use during class. Course exercises use ArcMap.
If you are looking for an ArcGIS Pro course on this topic, see Creating Python Scripts for ArcGIS.
- GIS analysts
- GIS technical leads
- GIS desktop application developers
- Manage and update attribute data and features with cursors and objects
- Automate geoprocessing and map production operations
- Ensure your script syntax is valid and errors are properly handled
- Share scripts using custom script tools and geoprocessing packages
10.4, 10.5, 10.6
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Online
- PyScripter for Python 2.7
- Python 2.7.13
For those new to Python, Getting Started with Python OR Python for Everyone is strongly recommended.
Need help choosing a product? Have a question about pricing or support?
Let’s connect you with the right person.
Complete our online form.